The “green economy” is changing the workplace in B.C. Learn about exciting and endless career opportunities.
About Green Collar Futures Virtual Career Conference
Are you a student in grades 9-12?
Explore your options at this FREE green collar career conference for secondary students on Saturday, February 11, 2023 from 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., held virtually this year.
The “green economy” is changing the face of the workplace in BC and around the world. This day is dedicated to students in secondary school to learn about exciting and endless career opportunities. Futures is much more than a career fair as it allows you to interact with career mentors from various sustainability-related careers who have excelled in and are passionate about their green careers.
What is included in the Conference?
This interactive career workshop will be offered free of charge to 150 young people and will allow participants the opportunity to:
- Meet and interact with amazing and successful people who will be your career mentors and will share their sustainability career journeys in breakout sessions
- Learn about emerging sustainability career opportunities in B.C. and internationally
- Listen to an inspirational keynote address from Marissa Bergeron, founder of Eat the Dishes: Zero waste street food
- Find out what it takes to reach your goals
- Involve B.C. youth in sustainable land use and development through science-based, curriculum linked outreach programs
- Empower B.C. youth to realize their ability to make change
- Connect youth with resources to help them (and influence others) to make sustainable choices
- Increase student awareness of sustainable careers relating to land use and the built environment
The workshop will conclude with a wrap-up session and a chance for the participants to win prizes, including a $500 scholarship. You must be registered to attend. Register early as space is very limited.
How to Register for Green Collar Futures
Register here. Registration closes February 8, 2023.
More About Green Bricks
Green Bricks Education Society is a not-for-profit charity organization that develops and facilitates programs to youth connecting sustainability and our built environment through science-based, curriculum-linked workshops.
The goals of the Society are to:
More information about Green Bricks and the Green Collar conference can be found at their website.